Delectable and super simple, this Rilette, or potted salmon, can be made up to 3 days in advance. We’ve used a combination of smoked salmon, in place of the classic poached fish in this recipe – a real time-saver.
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 8 ounces smoked salmon BBQ tips – bones and skin removed
- 1 small shallot – finely chopped
- ½ cup crème fraiche (substitute with full fat greek yoghurt if unavailable)
- ½ stick unsalted butter – melted
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup real mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill – finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Jammin’ Seafood Spice BlenZ*
*Order by phone or email Chef Pamela E. Tour our website and take your taste buds on a voyage of discovery!
Into a food processor, add the shallot, crème fraiche, butter and the mayonnaise and pulse until smooth. Add the salmon and pulse, on and off, until incorporated but still leaving some texture.
Transfer this mixture to a bowl and stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, the BlenZ, the dill and the mayonnaise. Adjust seasonings to taste then cover with plastic wrap, pressing directly on the surface. Chill at least 3 hours prior to serving, then spoon into your serving bowl or into individual ramekins.
Garnish: 2 Tablespoon finely chopped chives, flaky sea salt. Serve on crackers or toasted baguette.
~Globally Inspired Farm to Fork Culinary Adventures~